If you have just purchased an HP printer then you will be required to install it. If you see a message that says ‘HP Printer installation failed’ then it means that the driver has not been installed properly in the operating system.
Check if the USB cable has been disconnected from the printer or not. You can switch off the printer and then turn it back on. If you continue to see this error then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
· Open Programs and features then select the HP printer
· Click on Uninstall and then open ‘Devices and printers’
· Look for your HP printer and then delete or remove it
· Open the ‘Run’ box and then type ‘printui.exe /s’
· Click on ‘Drivers’ and then select ‘Apply and Ok’ on the print server properties then close the tab